There is not big difference between flex and flash. Flash is more oriented or specially designed software for designer because they can create anything without using any code. Coding is the advantage for the designer to save his time but he can also perform the same work without coding. Flash provides number of tools for drawing to create graphics or timeline method for changing those graphics according to the requirement. Flash is used to create web ads, banner for websites, banner for social messages, games, and so on. Using Action Script in the flash we can make our design more lively or realistic. The biggest disadvantage of flash is you have to spend countless hours for creating attractive framework for your project or website. It is really a time consuming process.
Flash can be run on browser or as a desktop application. The Flex application is finally complied into Flash application. So, you can use Flex to develop web and desktop application. Flash also runs as desktop application, So, its now possible to create desktop application in Flex and then compile it as Flash desktop application.
Developers are using the xml editing tool to edit the Flex file. File file is based to the xml standard and it is saved as .mxml extension. You can use the Flex SDK to compile the .mxml file into a Flash file. Then Flash file can be run as desktop or web application.
If you would like to hide your mouse in your AIR application, use the flowing code:
<br />stage.nativeWindow.activate();<br />stage.nativeWindow.orderToBack();<br />stage.nativeWindow.orderToFront();<br />Mouse.hide();<br />
Well I have been practicing in my drawing skills in flash, and here is something that I made at a local coffee shop while enjoying my smoothie
[kml_flashembed fversion=”8.0.0″ movie=”http://blog.hawaiiflash.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/my_dude.swf” targetclass=”flashmovie” publishmethod=”static” width=”400″ height=”300″]
Around a couple hours ago, Adobe released something very cool. Their latest version of Flash Pro CC (Fl 13.1) includes a powerful new feature set called HTML Canvas. All those exciting interactive animations people used to create for the now mostly useless SWF flash file format can be created for very fresh, very alive and everywhere HTML5.
What you can create in Flash Pro HTML Canvas works on all browsers and mobile devices which do HTML5. So, yes, it’ll work on iPhones and iPads, etc. That’s not an issue. We have conceived how sections of our website will have cool rollover stuff, things will move and rotate and page elements will set things into motion.
Adobe’s Flash Pro team has a few more really cool tricks up their sleeves, which will be ready in no time. So, we need get up to speed on this as fast as possible. Some of our fellow Adobe Community Professionals have been working on the educational materials. Also,included in the next Flash Professional release will be SVG, with tool and WebGL.
We’re told that later today, there will be a new Adobe movie about Fl 13.1, here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash.html. The latest Flash Pro CC integrates with most of the core CC apps. Let your creativity soar.
WOW! I was reading bytearray.org today,
and was stoked to see that he will be the new flash platform manerger, but this packback with the flash player, I have to have one!
You can read about this over on the byte array blog,
and of course you course you can see this great graphic too!
Some popular video providers have not transitioned to HTML5, so if you still want Flash on your phone/tablet, there are ways around it — just keep in mind that this is not recommended by Adobe and that the experience with the plugin. Also note that downloading the Flash Player apk file from unofficial sources could open the gates to malware on your phone or tablet, so it’s not recommended to get the file from third-party sources.
The best source to download a working official version of Flash player is from Adobe’s own site. Download the latest version (Flash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (18.104.22.168)) Once you downloaded the apk file, you need to transfer it to you device. A great free application that will help is “App Installer” you can get this from the Google Play store. Make sure you download this app!
Using “App Installer” find the flash player apk file, open the player It will most likely say unknown sources. Click on settings and check the unknown sources box, click on the flash player again and install it.
Now that Flash Player is installed, go to your browser (Not Chrome), and change some settings. Go to advanced, and make sure “enable plugin is always on!”
I did this myself on my galaxy S III and my Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet.
Flash Player 12 beta is ready for download – http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html
Adobe AIR 4 beta is ready for download – http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/air/
The new betas are code-named “Jones“. With this release, we introduce a new numbering scheme for our product versions, we will simply update the major version number with each subsequent release, doing away with minor releases altogether. In other words, beginning with the release of “Jones“, Flash Player will become Flash Player 12. With each new release, roughly every 3 months, that number will increase by one.
To use the new Flash Player, you will need to target SWF version 23
New and Updated Features
- Mac .pkg Installation Support – Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date is a critical task for system administrators worldwide.In Flash Player 11.9 we added .pkg support for ease of deployment. In Flash Player 12 we’ve incorporated public beta feedback fromsystem administrators to improve the workflow and UI.
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Support – Microsoft has released IE 11 on Windows 7 and we plan to officially support this in Flash Player 12
- Safe Mode in Safari 6.1 and higher – Safari 6.1 includes an updated version of Safari with Safe Mode, which implements new securityrestrictions on the operation of browser plug-ins. To the extent possible, we’ve adapted Flash Player to transparently handle these changes. A small number of behaviors will change in the context of Safe Mode and are explained in the Known Issues section below.
- 64-Bit PPAPI Flash Player for Chrome – We’d like to encourage those interested in 64-bit Flash Player for Chrome to please downloadthe latest build available in the Chrome Canary Channel.
- Graphics: Buffer Usage flag for Stage3D – We’ve added a new enum Class called Context3DBufferUsage which defines twoconstants, STATIC_DRAW (default) and DYNAMIC_DRAW. These constants specify how buffers will be used in Stage3D. We’ve alsoadded a new parameter, called “bufferUsage”, to the constructors of VertexBuffer and IndexBuffer. This “bufferUsage” parameter uses one of the constants form Context3DBufferUsage one of the constants form Context3DBufferUsage, which will allow you to select the appropriate buffer type according to your needs.
- Android Workers – Introduced as a beta feature in AIR 3.9, we’re continuing to improve this feature based on your feedback inpreperation for an official release in AIR 4.
Well I have decided that I will be moving to Maui!
Why Maui instead of staying on Oahu where I know the island so good from living there for so long, and where I have lots of friends, and I love surfing the North Shore. Well it is simple, I don’t NEED to be on Oahu like when I was going to school there, so I decided to move someplace where there is less traffic, and is more beautiful. I might still visit Oahu, but I would rather live where it is more mellow, and Maui is the perfect place for that.
See you soon Maui 🙂
To find out which version of the Adobe Air run time you have install is easy to find. I am using Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) so your path on another operating system might be a little different.
Open the the file /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Info.plist in your favorite XML editor, and locate the <key>CFBundleVersion</key> entry (line 19).
The corresponding string below this entry (line 18) represents the version of Air, for your system.
Therefore on my Mac I am running Adobe Air version 22.214.171.12410
Continue reading What version of Adobe AIR runtime is installed?
The Apache Flex project, the all-volunteer group of developers, and stakeholders in the development framework, today announced the release of Apache Flex 4.11.0. This release makes some important improvements over previous versions of Apache Flex and Adobe Flex including new and improved components and performance enhancements.
What’s new in Apache Flex v4.11.0?
The Apache Flex 4.11.0 SDK allows application developers to build expressive web and mobile applications using MXML for layout and ActionScript 3, an ECMAScript based language for client-side scripting.
The Apache Flex 4.11.0 release contains many improvements that professional software development teams will appreciate. This advances the framework forward. It is truly one of the best cross-platform programming languages used to write applications that are testable and can be compiled to run on multiple technology platforms from a single set of code.
Apache Flex 4.11.0 highlights include:
- Support Flash Player 11.9.
- Support for AIR 3.9.
- 120 and 640 dpi mobile resolution/skin support, fixes to 480dpi skins.
- mx:AdvancedDataGrid and mx:DataGrid speed improvements.
- Added column sort type access to the datagrid columns in mx:Datagrid, s:Datagrid, and mx:AdvancedDataGrid.
- Able to easily change mx:AdvancedDataGrid row and column item renderer spanning.
- s:DataGridEditor will now be visible in ASDocs and be visible in the Tag inspector.
- Minor changes to make SDK compile with Falcon compiler.
- Added access to imageDecodingPolicy in BitmapImage.
- Changed UIComponent removedFromStageHandler from private to protected to allow override
- New experimental mobile spark datagrid.
- Updated OSMF swc to latest version (2.0)
- Renamed experimental supportClazzes package to be supportClasses.
- Mobile Callout moved to spark and can be used in Desktop and Browser apps.
- Support for [Experimental] metadata tag.
- Over 50 bugs/issues were closed with this release
Download Apache Flex 4.11.0